Polk Audio Floorstanding Loudspeaker (Black) - Single
The name "Monitor" is special to Polk Audio. The original Polk Audio Monitor Series, produced in the mid-1970s, ushered in the modern loudspeaker era by setting the standard for performance and value.
The original Monitor Series is the line that made Polk Audio famous with its simple, sturdy construction, clear, accurate sound, powerful bass and superior imaging all at a price that made great sound available to everyone. The reborn Monitor Series is classic Polk: a quality-built, affordable line of high performance loudspeakers for music and home theater. They are highly efficient, so they can be driven easily by unpretentious receivers, and they are voice matched for lifelike surround sound environments. The Monitor Series boasts a stylish look that complements today's flat screen technology, with wood grain finishes and mod Titanium faces, and beefy stabilizer feet on the tower models.
Built for speed, sound quality and value, the Monitor Series is a great introduction to high performance sound.
Incredible Sound. Affordable Price.
The high efficiency design of this classic floorstanding loudspeaker allows it to reveal the classic Polk Audio sound (open, spacious and clear) even when driven by modestly-powered amplifiers and receivers. This is the hallmark of the stylish Monitor Series.
The Monitor 60II Features:
- 1-inch (25mm) fabric/polymer composite Dynamic Balance® dome tweeter with powerful neodymium magnet structure delivers clear and detailed high frequency response for realistic reproduction of vocals and instruments.
- 5 1/4-inch bi-laminate composite Dynamic Balance drivers are lightweight and stiff with good damping for high efficiency, excellent bass and lower distortion.
- Multiple small-diameter driver design delivers wide dispersion, better mid-range, and more detailed bass response for an open, "box-less" three-dimensional sound.
- Non-resonant all-MDF enclosure construction with 3/4-thick baffles and front-to-back and side-to-side internal bracing ensures cleaner, clearer, more lifelike sound quality.
- Crossovers use Mylar bypass capacitors for more detailed high frequencies.
- Dual 5-Way binding post connectors, allowing for more secure hook-up options, as well as bi-wiring and bi-amping flexibility.
- Monitor Series speakers are "modern living accessories" that make a stylish statement in either black or cherry wood grain finish, with titanium faces.
- Bold, fat stabilizer feet that ensure stability on carpet or hard floors for more precise bass response and superior imaging.
- Slim tower design has a footprint of less than one square foot.
- Critically tuned flared port minimizes port noise ("chuffing") for good low frequency extension with low distortion, resulting in natural, full-bodied sound with rich bass.
- All Polk Audio products are made using the best materials and the most advanced manufacturing techniques. They pass the industry's most exhaustive quality tests, including drop testing, extreme signal response and UV & salt exposure testing. Polk Audio loudspeakers are built to perform for a lifetime.